Heb jij interesse in veiligheid en innovatie? Solliciteer dan voor het HSD Stage programma.
HCSS zoekt een enthousiaste student voor een stage gericht op het ondersteunen van de werkzaamheden van HCSS voor The Hague Security Delta (HSD).
Eerstvolgende startdatum: September 2015.
HSD is een nationaal veiligheidscluster dat zich richt op innovatie en samenwerking op het gebied van veiligheid. HCSS ondersteunt dit met o.a. kennisontwikkeling en het organiseren van evenementen.
Studenten met verschillende achtergronden worden uitgenodigd om te solliciteren.
Als stagiair(e) zal je je bezig houden met zowel organisatorische als onderzoek componenten. Denk bijvoorbeeld aan het organiseren van HSD cafés, tweewekelijkse inhoudelijke bijeenkomsten voor bedrijven, de overheid en kennisinstellingen.
Door mee te werken aan dit programma krijg je een goed inzicht in innovatie en samenwerking tussen bedrijven, onderwijsinstellingen en de overheid op het gebied van veiligheid. Daarnaast maak je kennis met een groot netwerk van verschillende grote spelers uit de security-sector.
The HCSS internship is a dynamic and varied opportunity in research, analysis, data, communication, design, networking, copy writing, and policy development. We are an independent think tank specialised in geoeconomics, security, and future trends. Interns contribute to high-impact products for clients including governments, international organisations, research organisations, the private sector, and NGOs. The HCSS internship offers an excellent springboard for future careers in a wide range of fields.
Dutch speakers are encouraged to apply.
Candidates should have an excellent academic background, strong transferable skills, and a keen interest in the topics covered by HCSS research. Further requirements include:
• Outstanding analytical, writing and synthesizing skills
• Excellent command of English; proficiency in Dutch or other languages is considered a plus
• Knowledge of research methods; strong quantitative skills are considered a plus
• Knowledge of advanced internet search strategies
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
• Flexibility and ability to multi-task
• Positive professional attitude
• Strong work ethic and willingness to learn
• Prior work or internship experience is considered a plus.
• Candidates must be enrolled as a student at a university during the whole internship period.
• The minimum internship period is four months; a period of six months is preferred. Interns should be able to commit to working 40 hours a week.
• Successful candidates are asked to provide a certificate of good conduct (‘Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag’), available from the Dutch Ministry of Justice.
To apply, send the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org:
• A curriculum vitae, including a list of references
• A cover letter
• Proof of university enrollment
• Copy of official transcript of academic grades
• A one-page writing sample (exclusing bibliography if relevant) answering one of the following questions:
1. Consider a trend which could affect the security of the Netherlands in the next decade. What is being done to address the issue? What more could be done?
2. Consider a way in which the Netherlands could exercise more effective foreign policy without increasing military expenditure. What are the advantages and limitations of this approach?
3. Consider a policy which could help the eurozone improve its competitiveness. What are the advantages and limitations of this policy?
4. Consider a tool or methodology which could add value to HCSS products. What are its advantages and limitations?
5. Design an infographic which communicates the main message of an HCSS report in very few words.
Dutch speakers are asked to write their cover letter in English and their writing sample in Dutch.
The HCSS internship is paid.
Start date: 1st of July 2015 and / or 3rd of August 2015
Applications can be sent: 1st of May - 1st of June
Start date: 1st of September 2015
Applications can be sent: 1st of June - 3rd of July
Start date: 5th of October 2015
Applications can be sent: 3rd of July - 3rd of August
Only applications received within these periods are considered.
The application deadlines allow the 6 weeks necessary for non-EU candidates to arrange all permits necessary to conduct the internship in the Netherlands.
The HCSS internship program attracts a large number of outstanding candidates from around the world and is highly competitive. HCSS only considers candidates that submit a complete application and fulfill all eligibility requirements. Successful applicants will be invited for an interview.
HCSS is looking for students with skills in design, PR, and communication to take on an exciting opportunity to gain experience and develop practical skills in a fast paced, international environment.